Free Dictionaries for ASPSpellCheck
You can install free additional language dictionaries to ASPSpellCheck such as:
- Afrikaans (South Africa)
- American English (USA)
- Australian English
- British English (UK)
- Canadian English
- Danish Dictionary (Dansk)
- Dutch & Flemish (Nederlands)
- German Dictionary (Deutsch)
- French (Francais)
- Frisian (Frysk, Seeltersk & Mooring)
- International English
- Italian (Italiano)
- Malaysian (Bahasa Malaysia)
- Portuguese (Portugues - Brazil and Portugal)
- Spanish (Espanol - Americas & Spain)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Welsh (Cymric)
We also provide free specialist dictionaries such as:
To install these dictionaries simply place them in the "ASPSpellCheck/dictionaries" directory within your site.
Ensure you have allowed Read permissions for "IUSR_MachineName" or "Everyone".
Setting the Default Dictionary using ASP Code
- Use the dictionary property to set the default language to spellcheck in
- Use a comma separated list for multiple simultaneous dictionaries
<!--#include virtual="/ASPSpellCheck/ASPSpellInclude.inc"--> <% dim myLink set myLink = new AspSpellLink myLink.dictionary = "Francais, English (International)" response.write myLink.imageButtonHTML("","","") ''Adds a button response.write myLink.spellAsYouType() ''Activates "as-you-type" set myLink=nothing %>
Adding Words to the Vocabulary
- Add 1 word per line to /ASPSpellCheck/dictionaries/custom.txt
- Add 1 word per line to /ASPSpellCheck/dictionaries/language-rules/banned-words.txt
Forcing a Specific Spelling Correction
The Enforced corrections file allows you to force certain words to return specific spell checking results.
This is particularly useful for automatically changing user's usage of inappropriate verbiage - and also to curtail the use of confusing Acronyms.
- Edit: /ASPSpellCheck/dictionaries/language-rules/enforced-corrections.txt
- Format: USA--> United States Of America || United States Army
Encoding a Custom Dictionary
Encode your own dictionary from any list of words. Also allows your to repair and modify our .dic dictionary files.
Request a New DictionaryContact us and we will try our best to help you encode a dictionary for any language or specialism you request.
Where are words that users "Add To Dictionary" Stored?
By default - all words are stored in the users browser cache - and no-one else is affected.
You can change this using the AddWordsToDictionary property.
- myLink.AddWordsToDictionary="USER" ' saves locally in the user's browser cache
- myLink.AddWordsToDictionary="NONE" ' disables the feature and removes the button
- myLink.AddWordsToDictionary="SERVER" ' saves centrally on your server and affects all other users
To allow "SERVER" edit /ASPSpellCheck/core/settings/default-0settings.asp and set:
SaveToCentralDictionary = true